A new release of Igor Pro 7 is now available for all platforms. A list of notable changes for this release is included below. Go to the Downloads page or select the Help→Updates for Igor Pro menu item within Igor Pro 7 to get the latest release. If you've reported an issue to us and we've told you it's been fixed, the fix will be included in this release, even if it's not mentioned below.
Macintosh users: When you drag the Igor Pro 7 Folder from the new installer into your Applications folder, the OS may ask you whether you want to merge the folders or replace the existing folder. You should select "Replace".
Notable Changes in Igor Pro 7.06
- Holding the shift key while pressing the System Information button in the About dialog now retrieves additional system information that can be useful for WaveMetrics when debugging issues such as XOP activation hardware related issues.
- The Igor binary wave file format (.ibw) does not support waves exceeding 2GB in size. Previously the Save and SaveData operations reported "out-of-memory" if you tried to save a very large wave as .ibw. The error message has been changed to explain the limitation.
- Macintosh: Fixed failure saving packed experiments with notebook windows using macOS High Sierra (10.13) when the drive on which the temporary directory is located uses Apple's new APFS file system.
- Macintosh: Fixed a bug that became symptomatic with Apple's new APFS file system. In APFS, it caused long procedure file names to be truncated on save.
- The SaveData operation when saving to packed experiment files can now save waves greater than 2GB in size.
- Fixed behavior of column width control in Modify Columns dialog.
- Dragging an annotation in a Gizmo 3D plot window no longer shows the dragged annotation in the wrong place.
- The Edit Fit Function dialog no longer inserts blank lines if you edit a function containing your own comment lines.
- The Edit Fit Function dialog no longer eliminates the ThreadSafe keyword if you edit a threadsafe fit function.
- Fixed failure to properly generate recreation macro for a trace with gradient fill that has many waypoints added with ModifyGraph gradientExtra keyword.
- Fixed incorrect handling of undo information for GraphWaveEdit when the graph in question is a graph subwindow.
- Fixed problems in the Find in Multiple Windows dialog that could lead to a crash, especially if you cancelled a search that is in progress.
- When deleting an object using the Data Browser fails, the Show Where Object Is Used dialog is only made available if the object that could not be deleted is a wave.
- In Sticks to Zero and Sticks and Markers graph modes setting the line size to zero now properly hides the sticks. Previously, the sticks were drawn one pixel wide.