Some highlights of Igor Pro 8 include:
- Long object names: wave, variable, string, and other object names can be 255 bytes long
- New built-in Box Plot and Violin Plot graph types make it easy to show the distribution of values within a data set.
- New built-in Window Browser allows you to see all your windows at once, or filter by type, name, and/or wave to find that one special graph
- Redesigned Procedure Browser allows you to quickly find and filter symbols (functions, macros, etc.)
- New toolbar provides easier access to frequently used features
- Procedure and notebook windows have new Back and Forward buttons to make it easy to navigate back and forth through text
- Procedure windows and the command line now suggest options to complete the current command
- New Short-Time Fourier Transform (STFT) operation and seven new dialogs for transformation operations
- New built-in Voigt and dblexp_peak curve fitting functions
- ODR curve fitting is now thread safe and has built-in parallelization
- Igor Filter Design Laboratory (IFDL), which was previously a separate paid product, is now built-in
- Greatly improved the speed of creating and looking up waves by name when there are many similarly-named waves in a data folder
- Drawing speed of graph traces on High-DPI displays under some specific circumstances is dramatically improved
- Improved speed of displaying notebooks, help windows, and procedure windows
For more information see the comprehensive list of new features.
Igor Pro 8 is a paid upgrade from previous Igor Pro versions. You can purchase an upgrade from the WaveMetrics online store. A demo version is available and can be installed without the need to uninstall Igor Pro 6 or Igor Pro 7.
IGOR PRO 8 SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Macintosh: macOS 10.10 and greater (10.12+ recommended), Igor Pro application is 64-bit only
Windows: Windows 7 or greater, 64-bit and 32-bit Igor Pro applications are installed