A new release of Igor Pro 7 is now available for all platforms. A list of notable changes for this release is included below. Go to the Downloads page or select the Help→Updates for Igor Pro menu item within Igor Pro 7 to get the latest release. If you've reported an issue to us and we've told you it's been fixed, the fix will be included in this release, even if it's not mentioned below.
Macintosh users: When you drag the Igor Pro 7 Folder from the new installer into your Applications folder, the OS may ask you whether you want to merge the folders or replace the existing folder. You should select "Replace".
Notable Changes in Igor Pro 7.01
- Sped up IndexedDir on a large number of folders.
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra) has a new feature in which the operating system sometimes places new windows in groups of tabs instead of separate windows. Igor now prevents the OS from doing this within Igor Pro.
- IntegrateODE now sets V_flag as described in the reference help even when the /Q flag is not present.
- Don't allow Point as a wave name when pasting or loading data into a table because Point is reserved in tables for the name of the Point column.
- Graph recreation macros now include gradient customization at individual points.
- Fixed bugs that left the menubar menus in disabled or incorrect states.
- Igor's menu bar items are no longer completely disabled after running a macro from a function using Execute.
- The enabling of the items in the Image menu has been corrected.
- Fixed Zoom shortcut for Default zoom of Procedure windows.
- Removed unused menu items in Notebook->Special that were relevant for only header and footer dialogs.
- User-defined menus accept \t in menu items and submenu titles (restoring an Igor 6 behavior). Not recommended, though.
- WINDOWS: Fixed a bug that caused "This is an index column and is read only" alert to pop up over and over again if you clicked in an index column cell and then clicked in the table entry line.
- WINDOWS: ExecuteScriptText now works with commands that contain non-ASCII characters.
- Fixed a crash if an automatically-generated page layout title was too long.
- ImageNameList and some other list-returning functions use a default separator string of ";" if only "" is specified, as Igor 6 did. (It is not recommended to use "" to mean ";".)
- Fixed handling of parameters used in Calling Igor from Scripts. Previously the /NAME= and /QUIT flags were ignored, making it impossible to activate Igor Pro from the command line.
- Fixed bug in the Find in Table dialog that caused the value of the Find <what> popup to be restored incorrectly.
- New Layout and Append to Layout dialogs now include hidden windows in the list of windows.
- Windows: Fixed behavior of left and up scroll bar buttons of page layout windows.
- Fixed a possible crash when using Print Preview with a graph containing an EMF picture while in Qt graphics mode. There are probably other cases in which a picture could cause such a crash.
- EMF pictures in graphs in Qt graphics mode now draw correctly, not as a gray box.
- Fixed a bug in which an exterior panel with ModifyPanel fixedSize=1 could be resized to a point where there was a gray region around the content.
- A panel with ModifyPanel fixedSize=1 no longer generates SetWindow sizeLimit commands in the recreation macro.
- Fixed a crash in FuncFit when used in an Igor thread using a structure fit function.
- Fixed problems with tracking the target window in a recreation macro for graphs with the /HIDE=1 flag set.
- WINDOWS: Fixed infinite recursion if you maximized a Gizmo window that had its Info window open.
- Changed coordinates for a subwindow in a graph with a control bar present to match Igor 6 coordinates.
- Fixed crash if you used DrawPoly with waves in page layout, then killed the waves. Now Igor does not allow you to kill the waves.
- If gizmo window is hidden, and a page layout has a picture of that gizmo in it, you now get a message on the page layout telling you that we can't draw a picture of a hidden gizmo instead of getting numerous BUG messages in the history.
- If you dragged a grouped window (an external control panel), the main window would move with it, but other grouped windows (external control panels or tool palette or graph info window) would not follow.
- Implemented a work-around to fix annotations in Gizmo windows that became scrambled under certain circumstances.
- Set Text Format dialog now initializes with the current text color set correctly.
- Windows: Prevented infinite series of error alerts if the user attempted to enter text in a cell that cannot accept text.
- XLLoadWave/P=<path> and JCAMPLoadWave/P=<path> preset Open File directory to the specified path.
- Fix crash loading a .xlsx Excel file with an apostrophe in the worksheet name. Instead it returns an error. The apostrophe, as well as double-quotes and some other punctuation characters, interferes with parsing of XML.
- Fixed bug in table Replace dialog where replacing a blank numeric cell did not work.
- Fixed several bugs in the ColorScale Main tab of the Annotation dialog.
- Waves in use by Gizmo annotations are prevented from being killed.
- The #include "file", version >= 2.03 feature now properly required a matching #pragma version=2.03. A lack of rounding was allowing #pragma version=2.02 to satisfy the requirement for 2.03.
- Windows: The user name returned by IgorInfo(7) works with foreign characters.
- Fixed a bug in formatted notebooks and help files where the text selection did not properly line up with accented characters.
- Fixed Debugger refusing to go away.
- Fixed the Debugger's display of char = ""; it was displaying "...". Also fixed summary of an array of structures which was displaying "<not yet><not yet>". The Debugger's String Inspector no longer initially shows paragraph markers.
- Fixed Image plot log colors with Before First Color when values <=0 and the color table is reversed.
- The Other... button of the drawing tools text color popup in the graph toolbar works now.
- The splash dialog shows the Igor version and build number.
- Fixed a bug in MatrixLinearSolve/M=2 where data were not loaded correctly.
- Fixed a bug in Gizmo that did not display text wave scatter.
- Changed Gizmo update architecture.
- Fixed Gizmo crash on editing axes object in a sub group.
- Changed the value of photometricinterpretation tag for RGB/RGBA TIFF file output.
- Changed the format for printing PrimeFactors.
- Added test to prohibit passing a text wave in WaveRefWaveToList.
- Fixed update bug when displaying multiple Gizmo subwindows in one graph.
- Fixed a bug in camera acquisition with grabToFunction when the acquisition is restarted after a user abort.
- CustomControl frame=0 no longer erroneously draws a simple frame.
- Added Color Table Waves Index, a help file which contains links that load color table waves stored in the new Igor Pro Folder/Color Tables folder.